Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Citrus and Sesame Quinoa with Edamame





This is a great meal or side dish for people wanting a meatless meal with complete proteins. It's actually my first time working with quinoa, so forgive me if I make any blunders! Honestly I just threw some things together and crossed my fingers that the flavors would work out.... : )

Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS (makes 1 "meal" sized portion or 2 side portions):
1/2 cup quinoa
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame (optional) I used half white sesame, half black
1 tbsp orange zest
1/2 cup edamame
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce

1. Prep the quinoa by soaking in water for 15 - 30 minutes. Rinse when done.

2. Prepare the sauce by heating the olive oil in the pan with the sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes. Add in the soy sauce, honey, edamame, and orange zest. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.

3. Bring 1 cup water and 1/2 cup prepared quinoa to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.

4. Remove from heat, mix sauce mixture into cooked quinoa and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment