Thursday, June 17, 2010
Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Here's a little taste of autumn (oh how I miss thee, crisp weather!) in the middle of hot, muggy Tennessee June. These muffins have a great texture because of the chopped apples, and I used my mother-in-laws homemade apple sauce, which also has some chunks of apples. PS, I hate the word "chunk", but sometimes there's no alternative.
Makes 8 JUMBO muffins!
1. Preheat oven to 350. Either line muffin tins with paper or spray with oil/butter.
2. Peel and chop apples (it took me 2 small gala apples to make 1 1/2 cup chopped)
3. Mix together dry ingredients (the first 5)
3. In a separate bowl, cream together eggs, sugar, and oil. Add in applesauce and vanilla, mix well. Add in apples, and then dry ingredients one cup at a time.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
OPTIONAL: I sprinkled the top with butter and brown sugar before baking to give it something a little special.