Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brigadeiros




These are bite sized Brazilian chocolate candies. Normally made with chocolate "jimmies" (or as we call them, sprinkles). I didn't have any, so I just sprinkled on some powdered sugar. They're very sweet and satisfy that oh-my-gosh-i-need-chocolate-NOW craving. One suggestion I would use for myself and for anyone else making these would be to make sure the cocoa is sifted, to avoid any clumps. Oh, ps, these are so easy and only have three ingredients!

Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
-1 can sweetened condensed milk
-2 tbsp cocoa
-1 tbsp butter

1. Stir all ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat to low, continuing to stir.
When all ingredients are totally incorporated, take the pot off the heat.

2. Allow mixture to cool, until it's thick enough to mold.

3. Butter hands (yup, put butter allll over your hands!) and roll into balls. Top with sprinkles, powered sugar, coconut, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment