Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cinnamon Granola Muffins

Once again, this recipe came out of a need to use up an excess ingredient: granola! My husband eats granola most days, but I had bought a big box of cinnamon raisin granola that was apparently, "like chewing on sandpaper". So, I wanted to find an alternative way to eat it, since he obviously wasn't going to like per usual.

You can find the basic recipe that I used for these muffins at: http://www.preparedpantry.com/granolamuffin.htm I also added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and used the cinammon granola that my husband refused to eat.

These turned out great, and looked nice with the oat topping. I liked them because it's not your typical overly-sugared cupcake-like muffin which leaves you feeling more hungry than when you started. (*sigh*...the evils of simple sugars). These are great for breakfast or a mid-morning snack that go great with a shmear of peanut butter or almond butter.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment