Friday, April 1, 2011

Reese's Cup-cakes



So, I cheated. I used boxed cake. Do you judge me? It's ok, you'll get over it when you taste one of these. My one suggestion would be to use the no-sugar peanut butter for the frosting. I sadly didn't have any available, and the icing was a little too sweet for me, but I'll know for next time!

Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
for the cake -
1 boxed mix (gasp!) of devils food cake
3 lg eggs
1 1/3 cup veg oil
1 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter

1. Pre-heat to 350
2. Prepare ingredients as directed, per the boxed instructions, and add in the peanut butter. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean

for the fun stuff -

3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 Reese's Cups, cut into fourths

Mix together the butter, sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and add the reeses cups on top as decorum. Eat and repeat.

2 comments:

  1. David will love these. Gonna give them a whrill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this recipe! Thanks for sharing! The frosting is delicious! I "injected" the frosting into the cupcakes and it was sooo good.

    ReplyDelete