Saturday, March 5, 2011

Almond Butter Snickerdoodles


Where did the word snickerdoodle come from? I mean, was it a Mr. or Ms. Snickerdoodle, the famed creator of our beloved cinnamon treat? Was it from the town of Snickerdoodle? I researched a bit only to find that there is no definite answer....thriller! It looks like it's of German origin (much like my beloved dog, a Schnauzer), but past that, no one has a definite etymology. Does this not make it even more exciting? Perhaps.

Regardless, these cookies are a little bit of a twist on the classic recipe, with almond butter and some cream cheese being in the mix. I adapted my recipe from Handle the Heat blog. The only change I made was to use 2x the amount of almond butter and a little extra cinnamon. My almond butter was from raw, unsalted almonds, and for that, there was a little inkling of depth lacking. I think that if I used almond butter from dry roasted almonds (as is normally the case), it would have made it that much more uber-delicious (throwing in a little German there).

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love snickerdoodles and have always wondered about the name!

    ReplyDelete