A lover of food and all things domestic seeking to share recipes for the health freaks and the junk foodies alike.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Brownies with Pumpkin Chocolate glaze
I was put in charge of Christmas dessert, which is great.....if I had gotten my ingredients the day before Christmas....when all of the stores are closed....even Walmart. With that being said, it was time to get inventive! I had ingredients for brownies and some leftover cream cheese frosting I was saving for a rainy day (or snowy, for that matter.) This was the end result! Honestly, not what I had hoped for, but it's fairly delicious, and extra delicious with some ice cream!
INGREDIENTS: (makes 12) for the brownies 3/4 cup butter 1 cup sugar 2 eggs 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/2 cup cocoa powder 1/4 tsp salt
for the frosting 1 cup cream cheese frosting 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp nutmeg
4 oz dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x9 pan
2. In one bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, and salt
4. 1/2 cup at a time, mix the dry ingredients with the wet. Mix until well incorporated and smooth. Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. For the frosting, cream together the cream cheese frosting, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in one bowl. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate. Pour these mixtures over your COOLED brownies in whatever way your little heart desires. Serve with ice cream, or not--it's Christmas, eat what you want!