Sunday, August 8, 2010

Basic Barbecue Sauce






I wanted to try my hand at making a simple, basic barbeque sauce that I could go back in and add different flavors in for different dishes (ie mango, peach, chipotle, honey, etc). I am probably the vice president of the Barbeque Sauce Fan Club, with my husband as president. We could drown in that stuff if someone let us! With that being said, I'm excited to make this again and again, tweaking it until it is perfection.

As for the below recipe, there's nothing terribly unusual about it---not too sweet, not too hot, not too vinegary; it's just right for that summer grilling!

Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:
1 small onion
4 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup worcestershire
2 teaspoons chili powder

1. Heat oil in a thick saucepan. Mince onion and garlic. Add to oil and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.

2. Add in the remaining ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment