A lover of food and all things domestic seeking to share recipes for the health freaks and the junk foodies alike.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
These cupcakes are super moist, and the strawberry flavor is great. I didn't even use a food processor to puree my strawberries, because I wanted to have them visible in the bread. I took about 1 cup of almost-overly-ripe berries and mutilated them with a fork. :)
These would really be good with or without the icing. I feel like they could be muffins, but once the frosting goes on, they immediately transform into cupcakes.
Ingredients: (makes 1 dozen cupcakes)
Cupcakes: -1 cup sugar -1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, room temperature -2 eggs -2 tsp vanilla extract -1 1/2 cup flour -1 3/4 tsp baking powder -2/3 cup mashed strawberries
Cream cheese frosting: see the recipe from an earlier post here
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and sugar
3. Add eggs and vanilla; stir until creamy
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth. Add in strawberries and mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour into muffin/cupcake tins until about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. After cupcakes are cooled completely, top with cream cheese frosting.