Sunday, April 25, 2010
These cupcakes are super moist, and the strawberry flavor is great. I didn't even use a food processor to puree my strawberries, because I wanted to have them visible in the bread. I took about 1 cup of almost-overly-ripe berries and mutilated them with a fork. :)
These would really be good with or without the icing. I feel like they could be muffins, but once the frosting goes on, they immediately transform into cupcakes.
Ingredients: (makes 1 dozen cupcakes)
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, room temperature
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cup flour
-1 3/4 tsp baking powder
-2/3 cup mashed strawberries
Cream cheese frosting:
see the recipe from an earlier post here
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and sugar
3. Add eggs and vanilla; stir until creamy
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth. Add in strawberries and mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour into muffin/cupcake tins until about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. After cupcakes are cooled completely, top with cream cheese frosting.